Published on December 8, 2019 | career counseling| Career Talks| Choosing a Career| Employment| Uncategorized
6 Fellowships for Indians Who Want to Change the World
What is a fellowship?
Fellowship program is a merit-based scholarship program provided for the best minds in the country or rather all over the globe to cultivate emerging leaders and changemakers. A fellowship gives graduate students more hands-on experience along with an enormous amount of learning. Most of the fellowships offer placements after the completion of the program.
Here is a brief about some of the best fellowship programs available in India.
A flagship program offered by Anant National University is a one-year full-time postgraduate program designed as a multi-disciplinary immersion to introduce young practitioners and students to new ideas, knowledge, and skills to question, evaluate, invent, and redefine the Built Environment.
As an Anant Fellow you can expect to:
- Be trained to think broadly and deeply across topics like Green Urbanism, Earth-Based Construction Techniques, Transportation, Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, among others
- Enhance your technical and core skills in architecture, design, and planning.
- Secure up to 80% scholarships
- Open to all students and working professionals
- Preferred Background: Architecture, Design, Planning, Environmental Science or Engineering
- Successful completion of Undergraduate Studies with a sound academic and extra-curricular record.
- Open to students and working professionals from all fields, with preference to those with a background in Architecture, Design, Planning, Environmental Science and Engineering, Civil and Construction Engineering, IT, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Candidates should have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees from recognized institutions with a sound academic and extra-curricular record.
Know more: anu.edu.in/fellowship
Vision India Foundation (VIF)
VIF fellowship is a 1-year residency (extendable up to 3 years) program for motivated changemakers who are aspiring to build a successful career aligned with nation-building. It is a unique program that has been custom-designed to fit the needs of each participant.
As a VIF fellow you can expect to:
- Get continuous mentorship to fulfill your aspirations
- Obtain VIF residency for 1 year
- Get Total Financial Support worth up to 5,00,000/- Per Year
- Performance-based Rewards up to 1,00,000
- Build leadership qualities, creative mindset, team building, and problem-solving attitude
- Should be an Indian Citizen
- Have a mindset to do social work in the fields around Education, Politics, Community Development, Strategic and Foreign Relations.
The fellowship is designed to develop young change leaders who embody and practice leadership skills that are needed to cause large scale social and public systems to change. Nation builders in the context of Gandhi fellowship are committed youth who focus on developing the leadership skills which are required to create positive, large scale and lasting change in our society.
As a Gandhi fellow you can expect to:
- Shape your skills and become outcome and result -oriented.
- Get focused on the long-lasting change his/her actions can drive.
- Get to meet social leaders and change the lives of needy people.
- Receive monthly stipend and allowances.
- Open to graduates & postgraduates
- Should be Indian Citizen
- Applicants should be below 26 years of age
- Excellent academic and extra-curricular track record
- The Fellowship is open to graduates or post-graduates across all disciplines. Young professionals below 26 years can also apply for the Fellowship.
- Bright young minds across India who have demonstrated leadership quality through their work in academics and beyond.
India Fellow Program
Am India Fellow social leadership program helps young people discover what they are truly meant to accomplish in life and in the process become socially conscious leadership of tomorrow. In the 13 months program that follow working full time on demanding projects, write blogs, complete training assignments and at the same time engage deeply with their cohort and fellowship team.
As an India Fellow you can expect to:
- Gain management & execution skills
- Get engaged in a very strong collective of multiple sector leaders, academicians, practitioners from the development sector and young leaders
- Interact & get exposed to diverse themes
- Receive a monthly stipend of 16,000
- Should be an Indian citizen
- Graduate (in any discipline) who are aged in between 21 to 28 years
- Will be able to commit 13 months to this program and has to be engaged 24X7 in the process with the community
Know more: https://www.indiafellow.org/
Acumen Fellow Program:
The acumen Fellowship program is a 1-year intensive leadership development program cultivating a pipeline of future changemakers. Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while participating in five, multi-day immersive seminars and engaging in online content between seminars. The program is operating in Malaysia, Bangladesh, Colombia, India, East & West Africa.
As an Acumen Fellow, you can expect to
- Equipped to articulate a hopeful vision, speak across lines of difference, and move others to action.
- Decision-making methodologies that empower them to embrace competing goals and navigate the tensions between them
- Explore the concept of Systems Thinking through frameworks and on the ground application by working collaboratively on live challenges
- All program-related expenses during the fellowship year are covered. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation, and visas.
- Applicant should be an entrepreneur, intrapreneur, and organizational builders whether for-profit, nonprofit or in government.
- Should have demonstrated a history of impact and commitment.
Individuals of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English, or in Spanish for those in the Program in Colombia.
Young India Fellowship Program:
Young India fellowship is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma program in liberal studies. YIF fellows get exposed to a diverse set of subjects like sociology, Economics, Statistics, Physics, Philosophy, Psychology, Art, History, Literature, Business, Leadership, International Relations, and Critical Writing. YIF partners with, University of Pennsylvania’s School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS), University of Michigan, King’s College London, Sciences Po, University of California, Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin, Yale University.
As a Young India Fellow, you can expect to
- Become Global leaders committed to Public service.
- Be at the helm of overseeing intellectually curious, self-aware and impactful lives.
- Broaden your worldview by discovering and strengthen your 21st-century skills
- Open to individuals with a recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- The upper age limit for the applicants is 28 years.
- The application assessment takes into account an applicant’s academic performance through school and college, their involvement in extra-curricular activities, and the personal briefings submitted by them.
Know more: https://ashoka.edu.in/YIF
Additional Fellowship Program!
This program is specially crafted towards women The Programme aims to prepare women with the potential to achieve fulfilling careers and make them successful women professionals for the current age.
Vedica is an 18-month full-time, residential program with a re-imagined multi-disciplinary curriculum that has been carefully crafted to the expectations of employers today.
* Achievement-oriented women with a graduate degree and a desire to excel professionally are eligible to apply for The Vedica Scholars Programme.
* Work experience is an added advantage.
Wish to know more about fellowships and how to plan your career path accordingly? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up this form.